Free Christian Based Drug Rehab Centers
Many individuals are able to find strength in their religious and spiritual beliefs after becoming addicted and seeking help. In some cases, rehab programs offering both spiritual guidance and professional treatment options can be extremely beneficial to one’s recovery, and this is why you may want to consider seeking help from free Christian based drug rehab centers.
What Are Free Christian Based Drug Rehab Centers?
Free Christian rehab centers are treatment programs run by a Christian organization. These facilities are sometimes funded by the government or other programs and are usually not-for-profit. They are focused on ensuring that those who otherwise would not be able to seek treatment because of monetary restrictions will be able to get the help they need.
These facilities are often inpatient programs, although there are some outpatient rehab centers that are Christian based. They also usually have doctors, nurses, and counselors on staff, but spiritual advisors are part of the team as well. These individuals may only be trained to help you through your religious journey as a recovering individual, but some caregivers may be able to provide medical treatment or licensed therapy with a religious focus.
Free Christian centers are all over the country and provide care to those who need physical, mental, and spiritual guidance as well as those who are experiencing financial issues, often as a result of their substance abuse.
What Do Free Christian Centers Offer That Other Programs Do Not?
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, “Effective treatment attends to multiple needs of the individual, not just his or her drug abuse.” Free Christian rehab programs are a great example of treatment that offers this kind of care, care one may not be able to find at another rehab program.
Those who rely on their spirituality as part of their recovery often have strong ties to it and want to ensure that it becomes part of their treatment regimen as well as their reasons to seek help. Christian rehab melds both these sides of a person’s recovery needs so they can begin their journey focused on that which is most helpful to them: their belief in God and their spiritual connection to life itself.
- Christian based drug rehab also offers spiritual counsel, as stated above. Many individuals like having other people become part of their treatment just to help them through their recovery by putting it in the context of religion.
- Religious studies and education about the Christian principles are also often part of free Christian rehab. This can provide patients with a new way to view their addictions, through a lens of spirituality, as well as open the door for more conversation about recovery and the role religion can play in it.
- In addition, a program of this type will also likely provide patients with time to study and practice prayer and meditation. These can be highly beneficial holistic methods for addiction treatment.
In addition to offering more treatment options, Christian rehab centers also provide patients with the evidence-based treatment methods they require, including individualized and group therapy, drug education, and detox. Some programs do not provide medications, however, so it is important to consider your needs and to ask yourself if you will require this type of care. Call 800-564-3865 (Who Answers?) to learn more about the treatment that will best suit your needs.
How Can Spirituality Help a Person Overcome Their Addiction?
A person can use their spirituality in order to become stronger in their recovery. In fact, it has been found that many Christian rehab programs are safe and effective for the treatment of addiction. Every patient is different and so their needs will be as well, but spirituality can become a helpful part of recovery, especially in free Christian addiction treatment.
- Many people prefer Christian addiction treatment because it provides them with another layer of strength in their recoveries. Some feel they are less likely to return to substance abuse because they have the strength that God and their faith has given them to avoid temptation. This can be highly motivating for some individuals.
- Christianity can also be helpful to one’s recovery because of the strict set of guidelines it offers. Programs like Alcoholics Anonymous provide a set of steps to individuals hoping to overcome a substance use disorder, and many of these are similar to the doctrines taught by Christianity. Having these kinds of rules can give a person structure when they need it most.
- Christian treatment centers often encourage patients to get to know one another and support each other through recovery. The doctors, nurses, counselors, and spiritual advisors one meets during treatment can also become a part of this support system, but peer support can be one of the strongest incentives to help recovering addicts avoid relapse.
Also, spiritual growth and development is one of the holistic approaches to addiction treatment listed in a study from the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs. In the study, it was stated that these types of approaches “provide an opportunity for patients to express thoughts and feelings” during rehab, often ones they may have had trouble expressing through traditional treatment. In addition, meditation and prayer (which are often included in the programs at free Christian based drug rehab centers, as stated above) can produce similar results as holistic approaches to recovery.
A person can actually glean quite a bit from their religious journey while also on a journey of recovery, and spirituality can be a great tool to use in treatment in order to help people overcome their substance use problems.
Are All Christian Rehab Programs Free?
No, but there are many facilities that provide free treatment in the context of religious study and development. This is because these programs are usually charities that are focused on helping those who would not be able to seek treatment at the regular cost. Although some facilities don’t provide all free care, many programs of this type do offer low-cost treatment. Whether or not an individual qualifies for this type of care, however, is usually based on income and other factors determining need.
Where Can I Find Free Christian Addiction Treatment?
You can find free Christian based drug rehab centers by searching our directory or calling 800-564-3865 (Who Answers?) directly. Our treatment advisors are trained to help you seek out the best program for your current recovery needs and to ensure that you are able to begin the treatment that is effective and takes your situation into account.
- Our treatment advisors will need information about the severity of your addiction, what type of drugs you have been using, and how long you have been using. This will allow them to be able to match you with the best program for your treatment needs.
- In addition, they will also need to know about your financial situation in order to determine if you qualify for low-cost or free care.
- Remember, your treatment should not only focus on your addiction, so if you are looking for a spiritual program (or you require certain accommodations for your care), now is the time to say so.
- Once your treatment advisor has all your information, they will begin searching our database to find the best option for your needs. They may find more than one treatment program that suits your situation.
- Choosing the best program for your recovery should come down to you. Once you are ready to make your final decision, remember that you are the one in recovery and your treatment program should reflect your needs.
- After you choose the program you want, the treatment advisor will be able to help you create a plan to be accepted into the facility of your choice.
Begin Treatment Today
Recovery can be a difficult journey, but with the help of a free Christian rehab program, you can begin a safe, strong, and effective new journey, putting your substance abuse behind you. Call 800-564-3865 (Who Answers?) now to find out more about how we can match you with the best rehab options for your needs.