Do I Qualify for Free Addiction Treatment in a Rehab Center?
Most free rehab programs offer treatment to patients based on certain needs. These needs, and whether or not you have them, can help determine whether or not you qualify for free care in a rehab center. Call 800-564-3865 (Who Answers?) now to learn more about this option and to find rehab programs that will suit your needs.
Why Does Free Treatment Exist?
There are many different types of rehab programs. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, “Treatment approaches and individual programs continue to evolve and diversify, and many programs today do not fit neatly into traditional drug addiction treatment classifications.”
This is one reason why even two seemingly similar programs may be radically different, but it is for the best, as every individual patient is different and may require a distinct type of program for their effective recovery.
Free rehab centers exist because some patients are unable to pay for treatment at all and should not be expected to only utilize free options that are not based in actual medical practice, like mutual-help groups or 12-step groups. Medical treatment for addiction is often necessary for those who want to stop but can’t, and whether or not a person has money should not stand in their way of receiving treatment.
There are of course a number of luxury treatment options for those who can afford them and less expensive programs that are affordable to those with lower incomes, but some individuals cannot afford to pay for treatment at all, and for these recovering addicts, free rehab programs exist.
Who Qualifies for Free Rehab?
In most cases, free rehab centers use a strict set of qualifications in order to decide which individuals should be able to attend treatment there. This is because free programs are specifically for those who otherwise wouldn’t be able to get treatment at all, and it is important that these facilities do not fill up with individuals who could afford higher costs for their care.
Usually, free rehab centers look at a number of factors associated with a potential patient in order to determine whether or not they should be treated at a free facility. These include
- Income: Some patients struggle with particularly low incomes and require more help in order to get the treatment they need.
- Financial Issues: Drug abuse often causes financial problems for those who become severely addicted, and in many cases, an individual can lose their savings, their job, and everything they have to their illness (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services).
- Family Need: Some individuals are the primary caregiver to children and are desperately in need of addiction treatment in order to keep their lives in balance and their compulsive use in check.
- Pregnancy: Often, individuals who are pregnant and addicted to IV drugs are considered for free care because of the high risk of their situation.
Whether or not a person qualifies for free rehab services, though, depends largely on the individual and the facility itself. Some rehab centers will provide free care to some patients and not to others, which is again based on need.
Other programs provide free care to everyone who qualifies. Still, both types of facilities have to ensure that the individuals who receive this coveted free care truly need it so someone else who may need it more will not be left without care.
Do I Qualify for Free Rehab?
It is difficult to determine whether or not you qualify for a spot in a free rehab program without discussing your specific situation with someone who understands the process of recovery and treatment. Therefore, it could help you immensely to call 800-564-3865 (Who Answers?) and discuss you options today.
- When you begin talking to a treatment advisor, they may ask you several questions about your income, your needs, and your financial situation. They may also need to know if you have insurance and what type of plan you have.
- Once you discuss your situation with them, they will be able to help create a plan that will allow you to seek out and be admitted to the best treatment program for your specific needs. They will also be able to tell you what you qualify for in terms of financial assistance.
If you want to learn more about your recovery options and whether or not you can receive payment assistance, call 800-564-3865 (Who Answers?) now. Our treatment advisors are standing by.