Do Free Rehab Centers Provide Effective Treatment?
Addiction treatment is actually one of the most effective options for substance abuse recovery, but many people wonder if free rehab programs are just as effective as for-profit programs. Call 800-564-3865 (Who Answers?) now to find the safest, most reliable rehab center for your specific needs.
Are Rehab Programs Effective for Addiction Treatment?
Yes. As stated by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, addiction rehab centers are actually helpful in more ways than one to recovering addicts. “According to research that ranks individuals in treatment over extended periods, most people who get into and remain in treatment”
- Stop using drugs
- Learn and practice relapse prevention
- Decrease their criminal activity
- See an improvement in their social lives
- Improve in their work and school performances
- Progress in their psychological functioning
Rehab has also been known to improve patient self-esteem, self-reflection ability, and life satisfaction. These programs are very helpful when it comes to creating a new life after addiction and a strong recovery. Additionally, addiction treatment is less costly than prison, which is also a less-beneficial alternative for individuals suffering from addictions (NIDA).
What Are Free Rehab Centers?
Free rehab centers exist because some individuals would not be able to seek treatment without this option, as it is often extremely expensive. And before insurance companies were required to at least partially cover treatment for addiction, many individuals who could afford treatment went without it because they did not receive any help from their insurance program. Fortunately, insurance now helps many individuals pay for rehab, but some still cannot afford it.
Are Free Rehab Centers As Effective as For-profit Centers?
Yes. Although free rehab centers do not have the luxury accommodations many of the high-end rehab programs provide, they are still a very effective means of recovery for a number of reasons.
- Luxury accommodations and treatment options are not necessary to recovery. While they can make the experience more comfortable, the evidence-based treatment options for recovery are still medication and behavioral therapy, which almost every rehab center provides (NIDA).
- Free rehab centers may not have as much money as luxury programs, but they often receive government assistance so they can provide effective care to individuals in need who, otherwise, might not even be able to receive treatment.
- Free rehab centers are focused specifically on helping those with low incomes or who require free treatment for another reason, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. As a result, this is often specialized care that takes the needs of a specific group of patients into mind.
- Free rehab centers offer the main treatment options required by addicts, but those who need more are often given referrals to other programs. These referrals are usually for free treatment or services, even if the center itself cannot provide them, and patients are able to receive well-rounded care.
The care at free facilities must still hold to certain standards and takes the needs of the patients into account, which allows these centers to create beneficial, individualized treatment programs for each patient. In many ways, this is the same as the care in more expensive programs, which may provide extra accommodations or in-house services that free centers do not have, but which essentially, provide the same level of care.
Should I Seek Free Rehab Treatment?
Especially if you have a low income or have experienced financial problems as a result of your substance abuse, it could be very beneficial for you to seek free rehab treatment. These programs are specifically catered to those who otherwise would not be able to afford care. It is also important to remember, though, that specific options are for certain types of patients. For example, partial-free programs are also available to those who can pay for some amount of their treatment while all-free programs are meant to help those who aren’t able to pay for care.
Find Your Treatment Program Today
We can help you locate the best rehab program for your specific needs and to begin your journey of recovery as soon as possible. Call 800-564-3865 (Who Answers?) now and speak to a treatment advisor about your current situation and needs, and they will match you with the best free rehab program for you. Call today.